Ok!!! It seems MTN has finally blocked the use of MTN BIS on Android and other non Blackberry devices. But there's still a way out; Droidvpn for Android.
Droidvpn is a tunneling software developed by the same developers that brought us PdProxy. Droidvpn is used to tunnel restricted networks through dedicated servers hereby unlocking them for use on your Android devices.
Suggested Reading: How to use MTN BIS on Android and other non Blacberry devices
Do you still have active BIS before MTN stopped the use of MTN BIS on Android devices? Are you afraid your remaining subscription will come to waste? Then you need not worry because with Droidvpn, you can still enjoy your remaining BIS subscription on you Android.
Here is procedures on how to go about it.
1. First buy the MTN 2 hours data bundle ( to be used in downloading the necessary things since your BIS is no longer working)
2. Revert your Phone APN to the MTN's default (web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net)
3. Visit www.droidvpn.com and signup for an account if you don't have one.
4. Visit Google play store and download the Droidvpn app and install it on your phone.
5. Run the app. It will direct you to download tun.ko
6. After downloading tun.ko, go back to your APN setting and change it to Blackberry.net (since you are now ready to use your BIS subscription again)
7. Go back to your Droidvpn app, go to settings and change protocol to ICMP (that's the protocol mtn uses)
8. Now input your login details in the space provided on the app. Your username (the email you opened the Droidvpn Account with) and password.
9. Then click on start and after a short while you'll see connected. Now you are ready to go.
You can now open your browser and surf the web as you like, chat on whatsapp and facebook using your MTN BIS subscription.
NB: Droidvpn works only on rooted Android phones.
Suggested Reading: How to root Android phones and what you must know