But that Not withstanding, there is a way out of this situation. Why not use this N3000 in subscribing in subscribing for Airtel's 2+1 Blackberry plan with a cap of 6 gb. This is a better bargain for me as this plan can also be used on your computer. And you can tether the connection from your android phone to your computer. Something that is quite impossible using the MTN + DroidVPN method. So you see why i am of the opinion that Airtel 2+1 month BIS is a better bargain.
That said, Here are the procedures for the subscribing and using the Airtel 6gb 2+1 BIS plan on Android, PC and other non blackberry devices
- First dial *440*016# on your phone without having any airtime ( this is to ascertain of you are eligible for the offer)
- If you get a message that you do not have enough airtime, then that means you are eligible
- Load N3000 airtime on your phone and Dial *440*016# again
- you will get a message that your plan have been activated. Dial *123*10# to check your data bundle balance. it should be above 6000 mb.
- Restart your phone and start browsing.
- If after restarting your phone, you are still unable to browse, Do not panic.
- Load another N100 airtime on your phone and dial *141*712*11# ( this is to buy the airtel 10 mb i day plan which will help kick start your 6gb subscription )
- Now you are ready to browse on your android and other non blackberry devices
UPDATE: Though Airtel sent messages to customers saying this airtel bis will not work on android and other non blackberry devices as from 3rd december, 2013, i can authoritatively tell you that it is still working