In Line with their mandate of engaging graduates from the nation's institutions of higher learning in a One year national service in different parts of the country to foster peace and unity, the National Youth Service Corps - NYSC mobilizes the graduates in Three batches every year. Batch A in March, Batch B in June, Batch C in November.
In a rare departure from traditions, the NYSC will mobilize the prospective Corps members for 2014 Batch B Service Year in August instead of the usual June/July. This was made known when NYSC released the Mobilization Timetable for 2014 Batch B which placed the orientation exercise from August 5th to August 26, 2014.
Below is the NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2014 Batch B
1. Registration of Foreign Nigerian Graduates: 14th April, 2014 - 11th July, 2014
2. Batch 'B' pre-Mobilization, Deployment & Relocation Officers' Workshop: 6th - 9th May, 2014
3. Submission of Masterlist by Corps Producing Institution/Screening/Vetting by Mob. officers: 2nd - 7th June, 2014
4. Delivery of Print-outs to CPIs: 16th - 18th June, 2014
5. Return of Corrected Printouts by Institutions to Mobilization Dept.: 25th - 27th June, 2014
6. Briefing of Final year Students/Prospective Corps members in CPIs.: 7th - 11th July, 2014
7. Delivery of Call-up letters to CPIs.: 28th - 31st July, 2014
8. 2014 Batch 'B' Orientation Programmes: 5th - 26th August, 2014
The reason for this postponement of the date is not yet clear. But reports suggests that the postponement may not be unconnected to the Muslim Ramadan fast which is expected to hold in the month of July.